The police have intensified their search for the killers of two men, in separate incidents, in Clarendon over the weekend.
In the first incident, which happened shortly after 7 p.m. Saturday, a lone gunman reportedly walked up and shot a man in the head, killing him on the spot.
The police have identified him as Howard Rowe, a 29-year-old taxi operator from Denbigh Kraal in the parish.
Preliminary investigations revealed that he was also shot and injured in an attack three months ago.
Rowe’s mother, 50-year-old Hilda Shand and his brother 23-year-old Christopher Rowe, were killed in a similar gun attack on May 5 last year when members of the Bucknor gang descended on their dwelling demanding guns.
The police later reported that Christopher Rowe, who is said to be associated with the gang, was the intended target of that attack.
The police are said to be following strong leads.
In the second incident, one man died and another hospitalised after they were attacked by gunmen in Lionel Town.
The dead man has been identified as 23-year-old Okeime Martin, otherwise known as ‘Sub Zero’ or ‘Helen Boy’, of Young Street in Lionel Town. The other man, whose injuries are not considered life threatening, is reportedly undergoing treatment in hospital.
Published By: The Gleaner
425 total views, 1 today